( 8 pieces chicken, thighs and drumsticks)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 onion – sliced
* 3 green bell peppers – sliced
* 4 cloves of garlic – crushed & chopped
* 3 zucchini – sliced
(1 large bag of frozen cauliflower, zucchini, and carrots + 1 fresh red bell pepper)
* ¾ cup chicken broth
* 1 tsp smoked paprika
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 1 tps chili powder
* Olive oil
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees:
2. In a baking dish place 1 cup of flour plus 1 tsp smoked paprika. Dip the chicken in the flour and place in a baking dish; sprinkle a tsp of dried oregano over the chicken. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the chicken and place in the oven.
3. Bake the chicken for about 45-50 minutes, until the chicken has reached a golden color.
4. In a bowl place the (thawed and drained) zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic. Add the chili powderchili powder and paprika and 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil and toss.
5. In a large heated frying pan place the (red bell pepper) veggies and sauté until slightly golden. (Add the thawed, drained vegetables. stir just to heat through) Dust the veggies with 1 tablespoon of flour and add the chicken broth and stir about 2 minutes, until the broth thickens.
6. Plate the chicken and spoon the veggies and thickened broth on top.
The flavor of the sauce was wonderful with the chicken. The frozen vegetables really absorbed the sauce, leaving little to spoon over the chicken. Next time I will double the sauce if using frozen veggies.
Are you hungry?