Banana Nutella Snack Cake - Chilled Summer Cake
Overripe bananas turn out the perfect banana snack cake but it is too darn hot for baking. What's a Florida cake lover to do? I found the answer in this banana cake recipe. This Nutella topped banana cake recipe starts with a cake mix and tastes most excellent when chilled. Using a cake mix reduces prep time, Nutella eliminates making a frosting, and the "chill factor" allows for baking after the sun has set!
Banana Nutella Snack Cake
- 1 Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup cup mashed ripe bananas (2 - 3)
- 1/2 cup cup light sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cup canola oil
- 3 - 4 Tbsp. Nutella
- HEAT oven to 350F
- BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- BAKE 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove pan to a baking rack and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Drop one spoon of Nutella onto warm cake. Allow Nutella to begin to warm, gently spread across the cake. Repeat the process until cake is completely covered with Nutella.
- Drag the spreader from left to right across the Nutella applying very light pressure to create a uniform pattern or design.
- Cool on the baking rack for about 15 minutes more, cover loosely and refrigerate overnight or until Nutella is firm. Cut into squares and serve.